Sunday, April 4, 2010

Clicker training

I will let my mum explain what she is doing with me in this video 'cause I'm still trying to figure it out!!
Woof!
ArthurGOOD


From my mum:
"I am clicking Arthur here for looking at the puppy. At one point I wait to see if he will sniff, but go back to clicking for looking since he doesn't offer that behavior. On our next session, perhaps he'll be ready to do so. What was very nice is that on a couple of occasions the puppy actually touched him and he didn't pay any attention at all. By using the puppy as the prop for this shaping exercise, I hope to also build a CER to the puppy. (CER = conditioned emotional response. The idea being that Arthur will begin to associate the puppy with fun and good stuff.) We tried to use two puppies but one left. ;)"


ps - don't forget to look at the post below for tons of fun photos from my hike with Sparkle and Firefox!!

No comments:

Post a Comment